In this tutorial you will find detailed instructions on how you can reset Samsung Galaxy S8 Active to its original configuration by using factory and hard reset feature.
The Samsung S8 Active flaunts a large 5.8 Inch Super Amoled display with a pixel density of 568 ppi that results in a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. The smartphone features a dual (12.2MP) rear camera setup with PDAF and an 8MP front-facing camera for selfie lovers.
The device is powered by 4x 2.45 GHz Kryo + 4x 2.15 GHz Kryo processors embedded on the Snapdragon 835 chipset. The processor is paired with 4GB of RAM to ensure that the phone runs smoothly with multiple applications open simultaneously. All the graphical requirements are fulfilled by an Adreno 540 chipset. The phone runs on the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system.
There are several reasons for resetting the Galaxy S8 Active. Factory reset allows you to wipe your device completely so that you will sell or provides it to someone. Apart from that, it also can be useful if you’re troubleshooting some issues together with your smartphone. If you’re sure that’s what you want to try, read on.
Factory reset Samsung S8 Active from Settings
- Swipe up or down to view the “Apps”.
- Touch ˊSettingsˋ.
- Scroll to and touch ‘General managementʼ.
- Touch ‘Resetʼ.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ‘RESETʼ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch ‘NEXTʼ.
- Touch “DELETE ALL”.
- The Samsung S8 Active will automatically reset and reboot.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S8 Active
If you forgot your Samsung S8 Active lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, but you have setting up Samsung account or Google account before, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on computer.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Reset Lock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit https://www.google.com/android/find and then sign in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung S8 Active
If you are unable to perform a factory data reset on yourSamsung Galaxy S8 Active using the phone settings for some reasons, you can try the hard reset method. Just follow the steps given below.
- Shut down your Samsung Galaxy S8 Active completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Home,Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time on your Samsung S8 Active.
- Release the Power button when the Phone vibrates. Continue to hold the Volume + Home buttons until the Android logo appears.
- In recovery use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and the Power key to select.
- From recovery, after selecting wipe data factory reset on the hard reset process, choose wipe cache partition.
- Select reboot system now.
The final word
The Samsung S8 Active is an excellent device that comes with a bundle of features. The good cameras perform well in terms of photography and videography. The configuration is capable of handling a number of functions. Overall, it is a great device in the budget.
If you run into a serious problem, especially one involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your phone. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to talk to us in the comments. Look forward to other articles such as how to frp unlock Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, we will publish it soon.