If your Honor V9 Play isn’t working as well as it should be, it might be time to restore the phone to its factory settings. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory and hard reset of Honor V9 Play.
The Honor V9 Play features a 5.2-inch (13.21 cm) multi capacitive IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels, which offers a pixel density of 282 PPI. For storage needs, the device offers an internal memory of 32GB.
For a smooth performance of the system, the device is mechanized by a 1.5 GHz Octa-Core processor, which is seated on MT6750 chip and is paired with an ARM Mali-T860MP2 graphics and 3GB RAM. The smartphone starts on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system that is floating on 64-bit architecture.
The only reason you would want to reset yourt Honor V9 Play is if your device is experiencing malfunctions such as freezes, not responding properly, insufficient storage, or forgot lock screen buttons. Doing a reset on your phone will return it to the original factory state as when you first got your phone. Here are the steps to reset your smartphone manually or perform a reset using the buttons on the phone itself.
Hard reset Honor V9 Play via Recovery
- Ensure that the Honor V9 Play is powered off.
- Press and hold the “Volume UP” and “Power” buttons at the same time on your Honor V9 Play.
- Release all buttons after entering “Recovery Mode“.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset“.
- Then you select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” again if you are sure to reset data.
- When finished, select “Reboot system“.
Factory reset Honor V9 Play
- From the app drawer, tap “Settings“.
- On the Settings menu, find “Advanced settings” option, then tap on it.
- Find “Backup & reset” option and then tap on it.
- Now you need to select the “Factory data reset” option.
- And then tap “Reset Phone” option that will shown up in the pop up warning message.
- Once the factory reset process is complete, the Honor V9 Play will turn back on automatically.
Reset Screen Lock Honor V9 Play
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Honor V9 Play from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Honor V9 Play.
The Honor V9 Play is a premium and powerful phone that comes with pretty great specs. Robust performance, massive RAM and great storage capacity make it an efficient performer. The cameras are excellent to click good quality images and the presence of ginormous storage made it a good option. However, a bigger battery would have made it more lucrative but it can be considered as it supports quick charging facility. Overall, it is a powerful and worthy phone from Huawei.
If you have any questions with the method above, leave them below and we’ll be sure to point you in the right direction. For other tips and tricks such as how to change storage settings on Honor V9 Play, we will publish it soon.