You can regularly restore your Huawei P9 Lite 2017 to factory settings for troubleshooting some crashed and issues, or to wipe out your personal data from phone, or to boost the performance. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Huawei P9 Lite 2017.
The Huawei P9 Lite 2017 flaunts a (1080 x 1920 pixels) display, boots on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system, features gorilla glass and a fingerprint sensor. For driving the phone, there are Octa-Core processors 4x 2.1 GHz ARM Cortex A53 + 4x 1.7 GHz ARM Cortex A53 seated upon a HiSilicon Kirin 655 chipset. It is aided by 3GB of RAM and ARM Mali-T830MP2 graphics engine.
The device is armed with a 13MP camera at the rear and for selfie lovers, there are cameras, comprising of 13MP. If not sufficient, the user can make use of the OTG cable or the memory card slot which can read microSD cards of upto 128GB.
The only reason you ever want to reset your Huawei P9 Lite 2017 is if your phone is experiencing malfunctions like freezing, not responding properly, insufficient storage available, or forgot lock screen buttons. Performing a reset on your smartphone will return it to the original factory state it was in when you first got the phone. Here are the steps to reset your smartphone manually or perform a reset using the buttons on the device itself.
Factory reset Huawei P9 Lite 2017 via Settings
- Go into the “Settings“.
- Tap “Advanced settings“.
- Tap on “Backup & reset“.
- Tap on “Factory data reset“.
- Confirm you understand that all data will be erased by tapping on “Reset phone“.
- Next tap “Reset phone“.
- Your Huawei P9 Lite 2017 will restart and begin the factory data reset.
Reset passcode or pattern lock Huawei P9 Lite 2017
- Log into Find My Device with your Google Account (email) and password.
- Select the Huawei P9 Lite 2017 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Huawei P9 Lite 2017.
Hard reset Huawei P9 Lite 2017 via Recovery
- Shut down your Huawei P9 Lite 2017 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the “Volume UP“, and “Power” buttons until you see the Huawei logo.
- Wait a few seconds into “Huawei eRecovery“.
- Select “Wipe data/Factory Reset“.
- And then confirm by choose “Wipe data/Factory Reset” again.
- Allow several seconds for the hard reset to complete.
- When finished, please tap “Reboot system” in Huawei eRecovery.
- Your Huawei P9 Lite 2017 will now hard reset.
The Huawei P9 Lite 2017 is one of the lowest smartphones to feature facial recognition. Regarding performance, it has a very good configuration to manage with the overall lag-free task. Apart from the camera and spare battery, the storage capacity is also quite good, thanks to the support of a very large external storage.
These are several of the most common Huawei P9 Lite 2017 problems and troubleshooting tips we have come across. Have you encountered any other problems with this phone? Save even more money by getting free advice. See you in the next article about how to bypass google account on Huawei P9 Lite 2017.