If your Oppo F9 is running slowly or you’re encountering bugs and crashes on a regular basis, an easy solution is to simply reset your smartphone to its defaults, removing all your apps, files and everything else that could be causing a problem.
Oppo F9 sports a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display that bears a screen resolution of 1080 x 2280 pixels along with a pixel density of 400 PPI.
The phone is equipped with a Helio P60 chipset and an Octa-Core processor setup 4x 2.00GHz ARM Cortex A73 + 4x 2.00GHz ARM Cortex A53. It has an ARM Mali G72MP3 GPU, which provides good graphical performance while the 6GB RAM ensures smooth flow of apps and games.
3 Methods to Reset Oppo F9
There are multiple reasons for resetting the Oppo F9. Factory reset allows you to wipe your smartphone completely so that you will sell it or provides it to someone. Plus, it is also useful if you are solving some problems together with your device. If you’re sure it’s what you would like to try to to, then read on.
Hard Reset Oppo F9
If your F9 is frozen or stuck on the Oppo logo, the solution to fix this is to reset via ColorOS Recovery. The Wipe Data recovery option is powerful enough to fix this bootloop problem.
- Ensure that the Oppo F9 is powered off.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” and “Power” keys.
- Then in the TWRP menu select the language “English“.
- After that, select the “Wipe Data” menu.
- Continue by selecting the option “Wipe data (Keep SMS, Contacts and Photos)“.
- After that you confirm by tapping the “OK” button.
- If the Wipe process is complete “Wiped Successfully” tap the “OK” button.
- You can select the option “Reboot“.
- Later the Oppo F9 will restart by itself and wait for the restart to finish in a few minutes.
Reset passcode or pattern lock Oppo F9
As we all know, hard reset on Oppo F9 will not be able to remove the screen lock. For those of you who forget the pattern lock, screen PIN or password, you can reset it via the Google Find My Device service.
To use this Google service, make sure your phone is still connected to the internet and also a Google account. Here’s how to reset the screen lock.
- Log into https://www.google.com/android/find with your Google Account ID and password.
- Select the Oppo F9 from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase Device option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Oppo F9.
Factory Reset Oppo F9
If the problem with your phone is just due to full storage, infected with viruses or malware, decreased performance and so on, you can reset via the settings menu.
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Additional settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data (factory data reset).
- Tap Erase Data.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Oppo F9 will automatically reset and reboot.
The Oppo F9 is a power-packed smartphone, which comes with a mid-range price tag. It is not just about performance, other features like camera and storage are well in sync with the price tag. You can save unforgettable memories on your device by recording or capturing them. Besides the camera, it has a very good battery capacity which easily complies with the power needs of the user.
Do tell us your opinions in the comments below. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to flash Oppo F9, make sure to bookmark APKSHORT.com!