There are several reasons why Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 users restore it to factory default settings, reasons that are often used because they want to sell this phone to someone else. So, today, we are going to discuss how we can perform a factory reset on Samsung A7.
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) is equipped with a Snapdragon 616 MSM8939v2 chipset and an Octa-Core processor that runs at a clock speed of 1.7 GHz. It has an Adreno 405 GPU and a 3GB RAM that handles the overall functioning maintaining the flow of multiple apps, games and background tasks.
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) comes with a waterdrop display that stands 5.5-inch tall. It bears a Super Amoled display type having a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and a pixel density of 401 PPI. There is an aspect ratio of 16:9 that adds style to the display.
The Galaxy A7 (2016) is a relatively new Android smartphone and has excellent software and hardware features. Whether you’re facing a bug after updating your your Galaxy A7 (2016) or seeing random glitches on your phone, you can solve the most common problems by resetting your phone.
Hard reset Samsung A7 (2016) via Recovery
If the factory reset method isn’t working for you or you can’t access the Settings Menu, there’s another way to reset the device; using the recovery mode.
- Ensure that the Samsung A7 (2016) is powered off.
- Press and hold the Power, Volume Up, and Home buttons at the same time.
- Let all 3 buttons go when the device shows a screen that says Installing System Update.
- Wait for this screen to change automatically.
- Use the Volume Down button to move the blue highlight to the option Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Press the Power button to select the Factory Reset option
- Use the Volume Down button to move the blue highlight to the YES option, and press the Power button again to select Yes.
- Use the Power button to select the Reboot System Now option from the Android Recovery menu.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A7 (2016)
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, you can try hard resetting the Galaxy A7 (2016). If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
In order for Find My Device to help you reset your phone screen lock, your smartphone needs to be turned on, connected to a Google or Samsung Account and the internet.
Unlock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Open https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung A7 (2016) from the menu on the left.
- Select the “Erase Device” option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung A7 (2016) from Settings
- Tap “Apps” on the Home screen.
- In the Apps screen tap ˊSettingsˋ.
- In the Settings screen, tap ‘Back Up and Resetʼ.
- In the Backup and Reset screen, tap ‘Factory Data Resetʼ.
- In the Factory Data Reset screen, tap ˊReset Deviceˋ.
- Tap “Delete All”.
- After your device resets, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
- Swipe up or down to view the ˊAppsˋ.
- Touch ‘Settingsʼ.
- Scroll to and touch “General management”.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch “RESET”.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch ˊNEXTˋ.
- Touch “DELETE ALL”.
- The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) will automatically reset and reboot.
The Galaxy A7 (2016) comes with an affordable price-tag and can provide great performance. It has a good battery backup and decent processing with a nice set of cameras. For the storage, there is sufficient room to keep files, games, apps and more.
Have you encountered any other problems with these phones? Tell us about them. Also, if you have solutions other could benefit from, post them. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to root Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) which will be coming soon.