Factory reset Galaxy A8 Star returns your smartphone to the same state it was in when it rolled off the assembly line. It will remove files and apps you’ve created and installed, delete cache, junk files and return settings to their defaults. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy A8 Star.
The Samsung A8 Star flaunts a (1080 x 2220 pixels) display, boots on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system, features gorilla glass and a fingerprint sensor. For driving the phone, there are Octa-Core processors 4x Kryo 260 2.2 Ghz and 4x Kryo 260 1.8 Ghz seated upon a Snapdragon 660 MSM8976 Plus chipset. It is aided by 4GB of RAM and Adreno 512 graphics engine.
The phone is armed with a 24MP camera at the rear and for selfie lovers, there are cameras, comprising of 24MP. If not sufficient, the user can make use of the OTG cable or the memory card slot which can read microSD cards of upto 128GB.
3 Ways to Reset Samsung Galaxy A8 Star
There are multiple reasons for resetting the Samsung A8 Star. Factory reset allows you to wipe your device completely so that you will sell it or provides it to someone. Apart from that, it also can be useful if you’re troubleshooting some issues together with your phone. If you’re sure it’s what you would like to try to to, then read on.
Hard reset Samsung A8 Star via Recovery
In some cases, you can’t open Settings and launch it for various reasons. In that case, you can still hard reset the phone. Through Recovery Mode.
Follow the instructions below to perform a hard reset on Galaxy A8 Star via Recovery Mode:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy A8 Star and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Yes“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
Factory reset Samsung A8 Star from Settings
The simplest way to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy A8 Star is through the settings. Again, be sure to back up your data before you start the process. Please follow the instructions below.
- Open the ‘Settingsʼ app.
- Tap ‘General managementʼ and then tap Reset.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Reset”.
- Tap ˊNextˋ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ‘Delete Allʼ.
- After the reset, the Samsung A8 Star will reboot to the initial setup screen.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the “Settings” icon.
- Press ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Press ‘Resetʼ.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Touch “RESET”.
- Touch ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung A8 Star and prepare it for use.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A8 Star
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, you have up to 5 attempts to try and unlock your Samsung Galaxy A8 Star. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
In order for Find My Device to help you reset your phone screen lock, your smartphone needs to be turned on, connected to a Google or Samsung Account and the internet.
Reset Lock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit Find My Device and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy A8 Star from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open Find My Mobile and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung A8 Star from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Galaxy A8 Star is a sheer delight for the users looking for an excellent set of cameras. It packs in a tight configuration for great performance. The battery backup and the cameras are great.
Some of these problems stem not so much specifically from SAMSUNG itself, but from having one of the latest updates. If you have a serious problem, especially involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your device. If you want to get more interesting tips such as how to lock apps in Samsung Galaxy A8 Star, please keep an eye on this ApkShort.com blog.