Do you need to reset your Samsung Galaxy J7 Max to factory settings to improve performance or fix problems? In this guide, we’ll show you two ways to complete this task on Samsung Galaxy J7 Max.
The Samsung J7 Max is powered by an Octa-Core processor setup 4×2.39 GHz ARM Cortex A53 + 4×1.6 GHz ARM Cortex A53 seated on Helio P20 (MT6757) along with a 4GB RAM. The graphics are powered by ARM Mali T-880MP2 900MHz. It runs on the latest version of Android operating system Android 7.0 Nougat.
The phone has a stunning PLS bezel-less display with a notch over the 5.7inch screen. The smartphone has got an amazing resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with a density of 386 PPI. The device is provided with 3300 mAh Li-ion battery, which gives a decent battery backup to the users to perform all the tasks.
You have bought the Samsung Galaxy J7 Max but then you may experience some slowdowns in performance from the phone. It might even stop working completely. If this happens, it’s time to consider resetting the phone. However, you first need to learn how to reset the Samsung Galaxy J7 Max.
Factory reset Samsung J7 Max
We recommend trying this if your Samsung J7 Max starts to feel unstable or slow. It’s not as drastic as resetting your phone, either. You will have to reinstall apps and games, re-transfer any contact and link your Samsung account.
- Swipe up or down to view the “Apps”.
- Touch ˊSettingsˋ.
- Scroll to and touch “General management”.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ˊRESETˋ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch ‘NEXTʼ.
- Touch ‘DELETE ALLʼ.
- The smartphone will automatically reset and reboot.
Hard reset Samsung J7 Max from Recovery
If your J7 Max has problems that cannot be fixed with a factory reset, you may need to perform a hard reset.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the volume up, home and power buttons.
- Release the power button when the device vibrates, but keep holding down volume and home button until the Android system recovery menu displays.
- Use the volume keys to scroll and highlight wipe data/factory reset now.
- Select Yes from the menu. Press the Power key.
- Use the Power button to select the Reboot System Now option from the Android Recovery menu, device will restart as normal.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J7 Max
Android normally secures your Samsung J7 Max by demanding a PIN, pattern, or full password. Your phone isn’t useless if you forget the unlock code — you can bypass it and get back in.
with Samsung Find My Mobile
- Log into Find My Mobile with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy J7 Max from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
with Google Find My Device
- Log into Find My Device with your Google Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy J7 Max from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Max is a goodlooking device that can handle tasks quite well. It is a very good option for daily usage and the sound battery backup lets the user use the phone for long hours.
Have any questions on how to reset the Samsung Galaxy J7 Max? Feel free to leave them in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to help you out!