There are a variety of reasons why you may need to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2. You installed too many apps and just need to start clean. You may also be selling your phone or fixing some other problem. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Galaxy J7 Prime 2.
The Samsung J7 Prime 2 is powered by Octa-Core processor that has a combination of a ARM Cortex A53 processors. These are seated on an Exynos 7 Octa 7870 chipset. Along with the impressive processor setup and great chipset, the 3GB RAM makes it a good option to play heavy games. Rounding off the performance is an ARM Mali-T830 GPU that answers the graphical requirements of the system.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 comes with a 32GB inbuilt storage, which can be further expanded up to 256GB by using a memory card. The phone features a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, which exhibits a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels that make the viewing experience better.
When the Galaxy J7 Prime 2 is acting up or when you encounter a bug, your first thing is usually to factory reset your phone. This nifty trick takes care of minor bugs in the operating system. You may also need to hard reset your phone if the screen goes black or freezes.
Factory reset Samsung J7 Prime 2
If you experience delays in app launch and performance, installed applications, cache, junk file and data. The easiest solution is factory reset.
- Open the ˊSettingsˋ app.
- Tap “General management” and then tap Reset.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ˊResetˋ.
- Tap ˊNextˋ.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on “Delete All”.
- After the reset, the Samsung J7 Prime 2 will reboot to the initial setup screen.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the “Settings” icon.
- Press “General management”.
- Press ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap “Factory data reset”.
- Touch ‘RESETʼ.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy J7 Prime 2 and prepare it for use.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J7 Prime 2
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, you can try hard resetting the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
In order for Find My Device to help you reset your phone screen lock, your smartphone needs to be turned on, connected to a Google or Samsung Account and the internet.
Unlock Screen use Google Find My Device
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Galaxy J7 Prime 2 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen via Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to Find My Mobile and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Select the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung J7 Prime 2 from Recovery
If your Samsung smartphone becomes unresponsive or doesnʼt perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state.
❶ Turn off your Samsung J7 Prime 2 and wait a few seconds. If your phone won’t turn off, you can wait for the battery to drain and try resetting these steps after charging it again
❷ Press the “Power” and “Volume Up” button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
❸ Once the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
❹ On the displayed screen, use “Volume Down” button to go to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
❺ Once the option is highlighted, press the “Power” button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
❻ On the next screen, press the “Volume Down” button multiple times till the “Yes” option is highlighted.
❻ Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung J7 Prime 2, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
The Galaxy J7 Prime 2 is a mid-range device that comes with an excellent display, which is bezel-less on the sides. Coming to the performance, it has a very good configuration to manage with the overall lag-free task. The battery backup and the cameras are great.
These are several of the most common Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2 problems and troubleshooting tips we have come across. Have you encountered any other problems with this phone? Save even more money by getting free advice. See you in the next article about how to bypass google account on Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2.