There are many reasons to reset Samsung A40s to factory settings. So, today, we are going to discuss how we can do a factory reset or hard reset on the Galaxy A40s.
The Samsung Galaxy A40s comes with a 6.4inch Super Amoled display which outputs a screen resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels. This phone is powered by an Octa-Core processor made by Samsung which is placed on top of the Exynos 7 Octa 7904 chipset (64-bit architecture). It is aided by 4GB of RAM and ARM Mali-G71MP2 graphics card. The phone runs on Android 9.0 operating system.
Acting as an energy booster, there is a 5000 mAh Li-ion battery with quick charging enabled. The user can hang around with the phone for long hours, be it high-end gaming or heavy multitasking. In order to save files, the phone has an internal space of 128GB and there is also a memory card slot present which can read any microSD card up to 128.
Every smartphone always comes with factory settings where utility has a big influence. However, not everyone understands doing it because this method is rarely used. In this article, we are going to give you some options on how to factory reset and how to hard reset Samsung A40s.
Factory reset Samsung A40s
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Press “General management”.
- Tap ˊResetˋ.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Tap ‘RESETʼ.
- Touch ˊDELETE ALLˋ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung Galaxy A40s and prepare it for use.
- Head into your “Settings” and scroll down the page to ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Tap on ˊResetˋ.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Scroll down the page and select “Reset”.
- This is the final step, so be sure that you want to go through with it. If you are, then tap ˊDELETE ALLˋ.
- After the reset, the Samsung A40s will reboot to the initial setup screen.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung A40s
If you forgot your Samsung Galaxy A40s lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, you can easily to bypass lock screen remotely by Find My Mobile / Device service on PC.
You’ll need to be signed into your Samsung and Google account on your phone, and must have either a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
Reset Lock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then log in with your Google email and password.
- Choose the Galaxy A40s from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open Find My Mobile and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy A40s from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Select the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung A40s via Recovery
❶ Ensure that the Samsung Galaxy A40s is powered off. If your phone is locked and you can’t turn it off, You can wait for the battery to drain and try resetting these steps after recharging
❷ Press the “Power” and “Volume Up” button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
❸ Once the Galaxy A40s logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
❹ On the displayed screen, use “Volume Down” button to go to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
❺ Once the option is highlighted, press the “Power” button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
❻ On the next screen, press the “Volume Down” button multiple times till the “Yes” option is highlighted.
❻ Press the Power button to hard reset the Galaxy A40s, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
The Samsung Galaxy A40s is a mid-range smartphone equipped with a great design and an impressive performance. It consists of two outstanding cameras which can click crystal-clear images. The processor ensures that you can play heavy games without facing many lags. Combined with an excellent battery backup, make for a really amazing choice in the budget range.
By the way, what method did you use? Let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as how to change storage settings on Samsung Galaxy A40s.