If your Galaxy E5 is running slowly or you’re encountering crashes and bugs on a regular basis, an easy solution is to hard or factory reset your phone to its defaults, removing all your files, apps and everything else that could be causing a problem.
The Samsung E5 comes with a 5-inch Super Amoled display having a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and a density of 294 PPI. The bezel-less display has an aspect ratio of 16:9 that makes it look more stylish.
In terms of performance, it features a Snapdragon 410 MSM8916v2 Quad-Core (ARM Cortex A53) processor. It is seated upon the Snapdragon 410 MSM8916v2 chipset and assisted by the Adreno 306 GPU that handles the graphics. There is a massive 1.5GB RAM that will make sure there is no lag in the device.
The Samsung E5 is a great device to use on the go or when you need to do some light computing. If your device doesn’t work properly, or you simply want to wipe it clean for a resale, the process is simple. This is how to factory reset your phone.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung E5
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung E5 because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pin, pattern, password, and fingerprint, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
You’ll need your Google or Samsung Account credentials and the phone will need to be turned on and connected to the internet.
Reset Lock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Go to Find My Device and then sign in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy E5 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung Galaxy E5 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Hard reset Samsung E5 via Recovery
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy E5 and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
- Installing system update will show for about 30 – 60 seconds, then No command before showing the Android system recovery menu options.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe data / factory reset.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight YES and press the Power key to select.
- When the Factory Reset is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Factory reset Samsung E5
- Tap ‘Appsʼ on the Home screen.
- In the Apps screen tap ˊSettingsˋ.
- In the Settings screen, tap “Back Up and Reset”.
- In the Backup and Reset screen, tap ˊFactory Data Resetˋ.
- In the Factory Data Reset screen, tap ˊReset Deviceˋ.
- Tap ˊDelete Allˋ.
- After your device resets, you see the Welcome screen and you can set up your device.
The Galaxy E5 is undoubtedly a flagship device with a premium look. Like its siblings, the cameras of this phone is also amazing which outputs ultra clear images. In short, if you are looking for a nice camera phone with quality performance around this budget, then this phone is worth buying.
If you run into a serious problem, especially one involving hardware, the best solution is probably to contact the manufacturer or retailer support for your phone. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to talk to us in the comments. Look forward to other articles such as how to root Samsung Galaxy E5 which will be coming soon.