If the Galaxy J3 (2017) system gets corrupted or having serious apps issues, users need to factory reset the system. Eventually, all systems start to lag and exhibit performance issues, which can be fixed only after a factory reset. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Samsung J3 (2017).
The Samsung J3 (2017) flaunts a 5 Inch LTPS LCD display having a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and a density of 294 ppi. The aspect ratio of 16:9 makes it look better.
The Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) has been equipped with the Exynos 7 Quad 7570+ chipset with a quad-core processor having a clock speed of up to 1.4 GHz. It is further assisted ARM Mali-T720 and a 2GB RAM, which is great for graphics, games and smooth performance.
To be honest, your Galaxy J3 (2017) isn’t perfect if there are too many apps installed on its storage. Samsung apparently knows that the company allows users to reset their phones without a problem. In most cases, you can choose to change it to original factory settings for having a like-new Galaxy J3 (2017). However, we will show you how to reset a Galaxy J3 (2017) using three different ways, and they are much simpler than you might think.
Hard reset Samsung J3 (2017) via Recovery
- Turn off your Galaxy J3 (2017) and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
- Installing system update will show for about 30 – 60 seconds, then No command before showing the Android system recovery menu options.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe data / factory reset.
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight YES and press the Power key to select.
- When the Factory Reset is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Factory reset Samsung J3 (2017) via Settings
The quickest and easiest way to reset the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017) is through the settings menu on the device. Please follow the instructions below.
- Swipe up or down to view the ˊAppsˋ.
- Touch ‘Settingsʼ.
- Scroll to and touch ‘General managementʼ.
- Touch “Reset”.
- Touch ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Read the warning, then scroll to and touch ˊRESETˋ.
- If you’re prompted for screen lock credentials, enter your PIN/password/pattern and touch ˊNEXTˋ.
- Touch ‘DELETE ALLʼ.
- The Galaxy J3 (2017) will automatically reset and reboot.
Reset Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J3 (2017)
If you’re trying to reset your Galaxy J3 (2017) because you’ve forgotten your lock screen pattern, password, fingerprint and pin, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Go to https://www.google.com/android/find and then sign in with your Google email and password.
- Select the Galaxy J3 (2017) from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the ˊErase Dataˋ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to Find My Mobile and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy J3 (2017) from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The final word
The Galaxy J3 (2017) is a mid-range smartphone equipped with a great design and an impressive performance. It consists of two outstanding cameras which can click crystal-clear images. In terms of performance, the device has mediocre configuration but yet can deliver satisfactory performance along with a decent battery backup. Combined with an excellent battery backup, make for a really amazing choice in the budget range.
I hope that this article will help you in solving any of the problems you might be facing with the smartphone. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to frp unlock Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017).