There are plenty of good reasons to reset your Galaxy J4 Plus and put it back to its factory default settings, including selling it and protecting your private information and simply clearing out the clutter. Here’s how to factory reset your Samsung J4 Plus.
Samsung Galaxy J4+ is equipped with a Snapdragon 425 MSM8917 chipset and a quad-core processor that comes with a clock speed of 1.4 GHz. There is a 2GB RAM that ensures smooth gaming, multitasking, and other high-end usages. For taking care of the graphical requirements, the device has an Adreno 308 GPU.
Samsung J4 Plus comes with a bezel-less display having a waterdrop notch on top. The device has 6 inches IPS LCD display bearing a screen resolution of 720 x 1480 pixels along with a pixel density of 274 ppi.
If your Galaxy J4 Plus is misbehaving and initial solutions are not working, a full reset may be necessary. A factory reset can help resolve issues with your smartphone if it’s sluggish and bootloop, or suffering from problems you can’t identify.
Hard reset Samsung J4 Plus
If your Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus boots loops or gets stuck on the logo, see the instructions for resetting your phone from the Android system recovery menu.
❶ Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus and wait a few seconds. If your phone won’t turn off, You can wait for the battery to drain and try resetting these steps after recharging
❷ Press the “Power” and “Volume Up” button together till the device displays the start-up logo.
❸ Once the Galaxy J4 Plus logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters the Android system recovery mode.
❹ On the displayed screen, use “Volume Down” button to go to the “Wipe data/factory reset” option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).
❺ Once the option is highlighted, press the “Power” button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)
❻ On the next screen, press the “Volume Down” button multiple times till the “Yes” option is highlighted.
❻ Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung J4 Plus, which will also clear the dalvik cache.
Factory reset Samsung J4 Plus
- Open the ˊSettingsˋ app.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ and then tap Reset.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ˊResetˋ.
- Tap “Next”.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on “Delete All”.
- After the reset, the Samsung J4 Plus will reboot to the initial setup screen.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Touch the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Tap ‘General managementʼ.
- Press “Reset”.
- Tap ‘Factory data resetʼ.
- Press ‘RESETʼ.
- Touch “DELETE ALL”. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy J4 Plus and prepare it for use.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J4 Plus
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung J4 Plus because you’ve forgotten your lock screen fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Reset Lock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Galaxy J4 Plus from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the ‘Erase Dataʼ option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Open https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy J4 Plus from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the ˊEraseˋ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
The Samsung Galaxy J4+ features a powerful configuration which outputs seamless performance. The cameras capture great quality pictures and videos. Furthermore, the large storage capacity along with expandable memory option makes it more lucrative. Overall, the device is a good option its price range, you can go for it.
By the way, what method did you use? Let me know in the comments below. Also, feel free to reach out for any doubts or queries. Look forward to other articles such as how to screenshot in Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus.