If you don’t think your Galaxy J6 Plus is running as well as it should be, or you’re getting worrying error messages, it might be time to reset your smartphone to its factory settings. Here’s how to factory reset your Galaxy J6+.
The Galaxy J6 Plus features 6-inch IPS LCD display. The display of the device comes with a good resolution of about 720 x 1480 pixels and has a pixel density of 274 ppi, which delivers an amazing viewing experience. Corning Gorilla glass protection is there to keep away the screen from scratches or marks.
Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus features a Quad-Core (ARM Cortex A53) processor that is coupled to a Snapdragon 425 MSM8917 chipset. The device comes with a 4GB RAM, which enables the device to perform without any lag and switching between apps is quite easy. The graphics parts are taken care of by an Adreno 308 graphics processor.
Due to a bug in the system, some applications might cause glitches and sometimes they get crashed. To fix this problem you need to factory reset your Samsung J6 Plus and it will automatically fix all the glitches that are present in your phone. It’s very simple and easy to do in a few steps. Regardless of the device model, it can work the same on all Samsung phones.
Hard reset Samsung J6 Plus via Recovery
If your Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus boots loops or gets stuck on the logo, see the instructions for resetting your phone from the Android system recovery menu.
- Turn off your Samsung J6 Plus and wait a few seconds.
- If the phone cannot be turned off, let the battery drain until the phone turns off, then charge the phone for 30 minutes and unplug any USB or power cables from the phone.
- Hold down the Power key for a few seconds and tap restart two times.
- Wait until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up push Volume Up and Power button for a couple of seconds.
- Let go of all keys when Recovery Mode shows up.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset. Use Volume buttons to scroll down and the Power key to confirm.
- Select Yes from the menu. Press the Power key.
- If Recovery Mode appears, choose reboot system now by using the Power button.
Unlock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung J6 Plus
If you’re trying to reset your Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus because you’ve forgotten your lock screen fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, there are a couple of options to reset lock screen your phone remotely.
With both of the following options however, the device needs to be turned on, and it needs some kind of network connection; whether it’s connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Unlock Screen via Google Find My Device
- Visit https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Galaxy J6 Plus from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Select the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ˊErase Deviceˋ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Reset Lock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Go to Find My Mobile and then log in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Galaxy J6 Plus from the menu on the left.
- Choose the ‘Erase Deviceʼ option from below the device information.
- Choose the “Erase” button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung J6 Plus from Settings
Are you sending your Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus in for repair or giving it to a friend or family member? If you need to wipe your phone’s data for any reason, you can perform a reset from settings menu. Please follow the instructions below.
- Open the ‘Settingsʼ app.
- Tap ‘General managementʼ and then tap Reset.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ‘Resetʼ.
- Tap “Next”.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on “Delete All”.
- The Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus will reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Touch the ˊSettingsˋ icon.
- Tap ˊGeneral managementˋ.
- Tap “Reset”.
- Touch ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Tap “RESET”.
- Tap “DELETE ALL”. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Samsung J6 Plus and prepare it for use.
The Samsung J6+ is a mid-range device that comes with an excellent display, which is bezel-less on the sides. The processor is capable enough to give a glitch-free performance and one can enjoy the uninterrupted gaming. It has a superb camera, amazing battery backup and huge storage.
This is a common problem, so if you were able to unlock your device thanks to the guide or there is a method that we haven’t covered let us know in the comments below.