Samsung Galaxy S9 will have an immensely handy option to reset Android to original state, also referred to as, reset system to original factory settings. Here’s how to factory reset your Galaxy S9.
The Samsung S9 flaunts with a 5.8inch Super Amoled display having a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. The high pixel density of 568 ppi gives an enticing visional experience. The 18:9 aspect ratio gives it a trendy look to hold.
Under the hood, it packs an Octa-Core processor setup (4×2.7 GHz Exynos M3 + 4×1.79 GHz ARM Cortex A55), which is accompanied by a 4GB RAM. The combination of these help to ease the performance in multitasking and gaming. The phone is based on Exynos 9 9810 chipset. The whole operation is done by Android 8.0 Oreo.
To be honest, your Galaxy S9 is not really perfect if too many apps make a raid on its storage. Samsung apparently knows that the company allows users to reset their phones without a problem. In most cases you can choose to change it to original factory settings to have a like new Samsung S9. However, we’ll be showing you how to reset a Samsung Galaxy S9 using three different ways, and they are much simpler than you might think.
Hard reset Samsung S9
If the Samsung Galaxy S9 does not start normally, or if you do not remember the lock screen password, use the steps. It might be necessary to perform a reset without turning on the phone.
- Shut down your Samsung S9 completely by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” keys.
- When you see the Android Recovery screen, release the keys.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll down to “Yes“, then use the “Power” key to select it.
Bypass Lock Screen Pin / Pattern / Password Samsung S9
If you’ve forgotten or lost your screen lock fingerprint, pin, pattern and password, you can try hard resetting the Samsung S9. If you’re still unsuccessful after several attempts, the only way to unlock your device is to reset via Samsung or Google find my device.
You’ll need your Samsung or Google Account credentials and the phone will need to be connected to the internet for the prompt to send to the phone.
Unlock Screen with Google Find My Device
- Visit https://www.google.com/android/find and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Choose the Samsung Galaxy S9 from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the “Erase Data” option from the action menu.
- Select ‘Erase Deviceʼ to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the phone.
Unlock Screen use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Visit https://findmymobile.samsung.com and then sign in with your Samsung Account ID and password.
- Select the Samsung S9 from the menu on the left.
- Select the ˊErase Deviceˋ option from below the device information.
- Select the ‘Eraseʼ button on the popup.
- Enter your Samsung Account password to confirm and send the task to your phone.
Factory reset Samsung S9 from Settings
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Tap “General management” and then tap Reset.
- Tap ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- The Factory reset data screen will warn you about all the data and apps that are about to be erased.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap ˊResetˋ.
- Tap “Next”.
- You will need to enter your pin to proceed.
- Tap on ˊDelete Allˋ.
- The Galaxy S9 will automatically reset and reboot.
- Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
- Press the ‘Settingsʼ icon.
- Tap “General management”.
- Touch ˊResetˋ.
- Press ˊFactory data resetˋ.
- Tap ‘RESETʼ.
- Tap ‘DELETE ALLʼ. Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Galaxy S9 and prepare it for use.
Samsung Galaxy S9 is an affordable handset that comes with a lot of features. The gaming experience is great, thanks to the clear sharp display and the great graphics processor. It has a powerful battery that suffices the need of the users. As for the camera, it will be a good option.
If you have any more questions about the solutions or the problems, feel free to talk to us in the comments below, I am sure we will prepare a solution for your problem. Look forward to other articles such as how to screenshot in Samsung Galaxy S9, we will publish it soon.