There are a variety of reasons why you may need to factory reset your Vivo X20 Plus. You installed too many apps and just need to start clean. You may also be selling your smartphone or fixing some other problem. So, today, we will explore how we can perform a factory reset of Vivo X20 Plus.
The Vivo X20 Plus comes with a 6.43-inch Super AMOLED display which outputs a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is driven by Octa-Core Qualcomm processors seated upon Snapdragon 660 chipset (64-bit architecture). It is aided by 4GB of RAM and Adreno 512 graphics card. The device runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system.
Acting as an energy booster, there is a 3905 mAh Li-ion battery with quick charging enabled. The user can hang around with the smartphone for long hours, be it high-end gaming or heavy multitasking. In order to save files, the smartphone has an internal space of 64GB and there is also a memory card slot present which can read any microSD card up to 128.
If you find that your Vivo X20 Plus is running a bit slower than usual, it may be lagging or a little slower, the screen freezes, or you are having trouble loading certain apps or games, then it’s time to find out how to reset this device.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Vivo X20 Plus
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Vivo X20 Plus from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Vivo X20 Plus.
Hard reset Vivo X20 Plus via Recovery
- Ensure that the Vivo X20 Plus is powered off.
- Press and hold Volume Up button and Power button simultaneously until Vivo logo appears to enter Fastboot mode.
- Select Recovery mode by pressing Volume down button and enter it by pressing Power button
- After that, select the Wipe Data menu.
- Continue by selecting the option Wipe data.
- If the Wipe process is complete Wiped Successfully tap the OK button.
- You can select the option Reboot system.
- Later the Vivo X20 Plus will restart by itself and wait for the restart to finish in a few minutes.
Factory reset Vivo X20 Plus via Settings
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose More settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data.
- Checklist Format phone storage.
- Tap Clear Now.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Vivo X20 Plus will automatically reset and reboot.
The Vivo X20 Plus is a premium phone with great features. The storage is quite good so that you can keep an ample amount of applications, videos, songs, etc in the device. The processor-RAM combination makes the device good for multitasking as well as for gaming without a lot of lag issues
This is a common problem, so if you were able to unlock your smartphone thanks to the guide or there is a method that we haven’t covered let us know in the comments below.