If your Vivo Y5s isn’t working as well as it should be, it might be time to restore the smartphone to its factory settings. So, why not learn how to reset Vivo Y5s.
Vivo Y5s has been equipped with a Helio P65 chipset and an Octa-Core processor that clocks up to 2 GHz speed. It is assisted by ARM Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU and 6GB RAM. For the storage, it houses an internal memory of 128GB, which can keep a number of files and data of the users.
Vivo Y5s comes with a 6.53inch IPS LCD display having a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels and a pixel density of 395 ppi. It offers an excellent view while gaming and watching videos.
Whether your Vivo Y5s freezes, apps crash, or you want to give the phone to someone else, you should know how to reset Vivo Y5s different ways. Essentially, the choice depends on whether you want to wipe away the content and settings or not.
Factory reset Vivo Y5s via Settings
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose More settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data.
- Checklist Format phone storage.
- Tap Clear Now.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Vivo Y5s will automatically reset and reboot.
Reset Passcode or Pattern Lock Vivo Y5s
- Open Find My Device and then log in with your Google Account and password.
- Select the Vivo Y5s from the top left hand corner of the menu.
- Choose the Erase option from the action menu.
- Select Erase Device to confirm.
- Enter your Google Account password to reset the Vivo Y5s.
Hard reset Vivo Y5s from Recovery
- Turn off your Vivo Y5s and wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the “Volume UP” and “Power” keys simultaneously until Vivo logo appears to enter Fastboot mode.
- Then in the Fastboot Mode select the “Recovery Mode“.
- After that, select the “Wipe Data” menu.
- Continue by selecting the option “Wipe data“.
- After that you confirm by tapping the “OK” button.
- If the Wipe process is complete “Wiped Successfully” tap the “OK” button.
- You can select the option “Reboot system“.
- Later the Vivo Y5s will restart by itself and wait for the restart to finish in a few minutes.
The Vivo Y5s comes with an affordable price-tag and can provide great performance. The device delivers a good performance, nice battery backupa and good cameras. However, it lacks a display but considering the budget, it can be overlooked.
Despite some problems here and there, the Vivo Y5s is still a great phone. Do you have any problems that you didn’t see above? Leave a comment below, and we’ll troubleshoot the issue with you. Check out some tips and tricks such as how to frp unlock Vivo Y5s, we will publish it soon.