In this tutorial you will find detailed instructions on how you can reset Vivo Z1i to its original configuration by using factory and hard reset feature.
The Vivo Z1i flaunts a 6.26-inch IPS LCD FHD+ (1080 x 2280 pixels) display and features a back fingerprint sensor. Inside the smartphone, there is a 1.8 GHz Octa-Core processor aided by 4GB of RAM and Adreno 509 GPU placed upon Snapdragon 636 chipset. The handset runs on Android 8.1 Oreo OS (with FuntouchOS 4.0 on top).
Whether your Vivo Z1i freezes, apps crash, or you want to give the phone to someone else, you should know how to reset it using various methods. Basically, the choice depends on the problem with your smartphone
What to do before resetting your Android
- Make sure that your Vivo Z1i is charged at least 50% so that your smartphone doesn’t run out of power during the resetting process.
- Backup all your phone’s data. This will reset the smartphone to the factory default state and it will clear out the memory buffers and reset the device and application data.
- When you try to start up your smartphone after completing a factory reset, you are required to log in to the original Google Account in the initial setup.
Hard reset Vivo Z1i via Recovery
- Ensure that the Vivo Z1i is powered off.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Release them when you see the Vivo logo.
- Then you will see the Fastboot Mode.
- Scroll to Recovry Mode and enter it by pressing Power button.
- Scroll to Wipe data.
- Press the Wipe data button.
- Scroll to OK.
- Press the Reboot system menu.
- The Vivo Z1i will now wipe all contents.
Reset Screen Lock Vivo Z1i
- Log into Find My Device with your Google Account (email) and password.
- Select the Vivo Z1i from the menu on the left.
- Select the Erase option from below the device information.
- Select the Erase Device button on the popup.
- Enter your Google Account password to confirm and send the task to your Vivo Z1i.
Factory reset Vivo Z1i via Settings
- Go to the Home screen and choose Settings.
- Scroll down and choose More settings.
- Choose Backup & reset.
- Choose Erase all data.
- Checklist Format phone storage.
- Tap Clear Now.
- All data and settings saved on the phone will be deleted.
- The Vivo Z1i will automatically reset and reboot.
The Vivo Z1i is a bold presence in the price segment, from the vibrant display which makes consuming HD content on it a delight. Its excellent pair of cameras along with a ginormous storage capacity sort of makes up for the less than par battery backup that it has an offer. The power-packed configuration underneath aids the experience tremendously by delivering a smooth user experience through most apps and games.
Most of the problems that the Vivo Z1i has, although not listed above, can usually be fixed by reset. Look forward to other articles such as how to update Vivo Z1i, we will publish it soon.